Introducing our exclusive Basic Renewal Kit for early model 89-91 Harley CV style carburetors. The kit contains the most commonly replaced quality seals needed to renew your Harley CV carburetor. For use with 1990-1991* FL/FX Big Twins and 1989-1991 XL models using the early model Harley CV 40 carburetor with 2-piece bowl seals (see photo).
Spring Special - only $17.95
- CVP Accelerator Pump Diaphragm
- Superior material outlasts many other diaphragms.
- Resists the harmful effects of modern pump gas.
- Replaces OEM 27361-76A
- Float needle valve
- 4 side body design with long lasting Viton tip.
- Replaces OEM 27886-78A
- Bowl Gasket Seal *
- Quality seal replaces dried or cracked bowl seal.
- Replaces p/n 27577-88*
- Accelerator pump bowl nozzle O-ring.
*For use on 1989-91 Harley CV carburetors only that uses a separate o-ring around the accelerator pump nozzle. Bowl seal will NOT fit later 92-06 models that use a single integrated bowl seal and pump nozzle o-ring. See our 92-06 Renewal Kit for later models Here
Cures the most common leaks and worn conditions found in a 1989-1991 Harley CV carburetor.
This kit is supplied as an OEM style product (no instructions) and includes premium seals and gaskets normally sold separately. If using on an unknown model be sure to verify the bowl seal has the integrated o-ring and matches the above picture. Please consult your factory service manual or a qualified technician for support if unfamiliar with replacement of your carburetor and components or setting of float height.
WARNING: Never use fuel that exceeds 5% Ethanol, 10% Methanol, or mixed alcohol additives in a carbureted motorcycle and do not store vehicle more than 30 days with ANY fuel containing any Ethanol or Methanol. Prolonged use of Ethanol enhanced fuels will greatly shorten the life of any diaphragm, seal or hose. Avoid using fuel system cleaners such as Seafoam or intake cleaners, or replace diaphragms/seals after use. Never use E75, E85, Flex-Fuel, or any fuel that contains greater than 10% Ethanol or other additives.
Note that appearance of all products are subject to change.
As a manufacturer and supplier we are unable to provide repair or service advice. Please consult a factory service manual or a qualified motorcycle technician when working on your motorcycle.
Harley 89-91 CV carburetors* found on the following models:
- 1990-1991 Harley big twin Evo 1340
- 1989-1991 XL Sportster.
- Other models using an early model 1989-1991 retrofitted CV carburetor with 2-piece bowl seal (bowl seal + o-ring on nozzle).
* Only for use on 1989-1991 early CV 40mm carburetors from Keihin made for Harley-Davidson. Will not fit CVK, aftermarket, or knock-off CV carburetors. Will not fit 1992 or newer models that have the O-ring integrated with the seal. We stock a separate renewal kit for 1992-2006 model CV carburetors.